You can open an existing system configuration for editing by
double-clicking on its name in the
Library Navigator pane (System configurations
are identified by the
templates folder contains a System element for creating new system
You open the system diagram for editing by clicking on the
corresponding element with the system name in the navigation tree. On
this diagram you can add, edit and delete device
instances as well as network segments and
The figure below shows the result of opening the system diagram for
example in the
folder, then clicking on the
element (the examples in the
folder are used mostly for regression testing when changes are made to
You can add, edit and delete Device instances in a system
diagram in the same manner as for FB instances in a function block diagram.
You can open Devices for editing by clicking on the
corresponding device in the navigation tree.
edit a resource's function block diagram in
the normal way after opening the diagram for editing by clicking on the
resource in the navigation tree. However, you cannot edit or delete FB
instances or connections that are defined as part of the
- When a device diagram is open for editing, you can add, edit
and delete resources and data connections in the
device. However, you cannot edit or delete resources or
connections (including parameter values) that are defined as part of
the Device Type.
You can use network segments and links
to show the network
layout in the system diagram. In the
example shown above
, the segments
the horizontal arrows and the links
are the vertical lines
between Devices and Segments.
- You can add a new Segment to the system diagram in the
same manner as you would add a Device.
- The FBDK's
src/net folder contains a few
types to use in creating Segments.
- You can drag a Segment in the diagram with the mouse,
or move it incrementally with the Rosette.
- You can open a Segment for editing by double-clicking.
- You can edit the Segment's parameters, one at a time,
from the list provided with the Parameters item of the
Segment's pop-up menu.
- The Parameters list also lets you edit the Segment's
- You can delete a Segment from the diagram via the Delete
item of the Segment's pop-up menu.
- A Link can be drawn from a Segment to a
Device by using the Connect gesture.
- You can open a Link to edit its comment by
double-clicking, or from the Edit item of its pop-up menu.
- You can delete a Link from the diagram via the Delete
item of the Link's pop-up menu.
function block instance from an
application to a
resource with the
Map item of the
popup menu for the function block instance in its application diagram.
Mapping help page for details.
- You can add an Application to a System by using the Add Application item of the popup menu
for the Applications node of the Element
Navigator. This opens a dialog box in which you can edit the
application's name and comment.
- When a new Application is created, it is automatically opened
for editing in the Worksheet.
- You can Edit the application's name and comment by
double-clicking on its node in the Element Navigator tree.
- You can Delete the application by using its popup menu
on the Element Navigator tree.
- You can edit an application's
function block diagram in the normal way after opening the diagram
for editing by clicking on the application in the navigation tree.
When your editing is complete, save your work with the Save As...
Of course, it is
a good idea to save your work from time to time while editing,
Last updated: 2016-09-16.
©2011-2016 Holobloc Inc.
All rights reserved.