- Start the FBEditor.
- Create a new basic FB type in the editor by:
- Opening a file containing an
existing basic function block type; examples are the
FLASHER4 FB type,
or the X2Y2_ST.fbt and X2Y2_FBD.fbt files in the src\student
- Clicking the New...
=> FB Type => Basic
menu item. See the general info for a
picture of how the screen will look.
- Edit the function block's elements:
- When your editing is complete, save your work with the Save As...
It is a good idea to save your
work from time to time while editing, too!
- Generate and compile a Java® source file with the Save As...
=>Java dialog. A dialog window will open showing the Java source
text and the compilation results.
- Test the FB type by clicking Run
button. In the test window, you can set or clear the values of the
inputs, click on event input buttons and observe the resulting event
and variable outputs.
- If you change the code of the block and recompile, you will
have to exit the FBEditor application and restart it in order to
force a reload of the class file.