- Start the FBDK.
- Import library elements if and as needed.
- Create a new composite FB type in the editor by
double-clicking on the Composite fb type of the
templatefolder in the Library Navigator.
- Edit the function block's elements:
- Edit the FB type's name and comment by double-clicking on the root node of the Element Navigator.
- Edit the FB type's properties by double-clicking on the corresponding entry in the Element Navigator:
- Edit the FB type's interface.
- Edit the FB body by clicking on the FBNetwork node in the Element Navigator and editing the graphic layout of the FBD in the Worksheet area.
- Validate the FB type and correct as necessary.
- Edit the service sequences (if any).
- When your editing is complete, save your work with the Save As... button.
It is a good idea to save your work from time to time while editing, too!
- Generate and compile a Java® source file with the Save As... =>Java dialog. The results of the compilation (including errors, if any) will be displayed in the Log tab of the Text panel, and a dialog will open indicating whether the compilation has succeeded or not.
- Test the FB type.
- Document your work. It's not done until it's documented!