IEC 61499 Interoperability Test Procedure
The following general procedure may be used to test the
compliance of independently developed implementations to the interoperability provisions of
the IEC 61499 Compliance
Profile for IEC 61499 Feasibility Demonstrations.
- Load a test panel configuration into the FBEditor
application of the Function Block Development Kit (FBDK). These
configurations are located in the src/ita/ subdirectory of the
- Edit the test panel configuration if necessary as follows:
- CODEC_TEST, CODEC_TEST2 - Since these panels
test instances of PUBLISH and SUBSCRIBE types, which
utilize multicast UDP, they may be used unchanged to test
corresponding SUBSCRIBE and PUBLISH instances in
independent implementations. They may also be edited to test other
combinations of UDP addresses, socket numbers, data types and service
interface types by editing the appropriate elements of the
- CS21_TEST - Delete from
the configuration the device containing the element that is to be
remotely tested. For instance, if a remote instance of SERVER_1_2
is to be tested, delete the SRVR device from the
configuration. This configuration may also be edited to test other
combinations of TCP/IP addresses, socket numbers, data types and
service interface types. NOTE - See also the NOTE to step 4
- Launch the test panel configuration using the Run/Launch
menu item of the FBEditor.
- Start the independent implementation to be tested. NOTE
- Steps 3 and 4 must be reversed if an instance of SERVER type
is to be tested in the independent implementation.
- Test the implementation by triggering data transmission from
the test panel and observing the effect on the independent
implementation or vice versa as appropriate.
Last updated: 2011-01-20.
Licensed under the Academic
Free License version 3.0.