The FBDK now provides an experimental subset of the library management framework proposed for inclusion in the Third Edition of IEC 61499. As shown in the figure below, this framework partitions library elements (data types, function block types, adapter types, subapplication types, resource types, device types, segment types, and system configurations) into packages, which in turn are organized into software libraries.
Further documentation pending....
In addition, the proposed extensions to IEC 61499-1 define a simple ECC as an execution control chart consisting solely of a set of simple states, and a simple FB type as a function block type, the behavior of whose instances is defined by a simple ECC. This extends and formalizes the concept of "simple" FB types currently defined in Annex D.2 of IEC 61499-1.
- An additional constraint is that each event input of a simple FB type shall have exactly one correspondingly named simple state and vice versa.
The FBDK now includes the following features to support these extensions:
- You can Add a simple EC state to the ECC directly from a list of available event input names in the Add State submenu of the ECC's popup menu.
- You can Edit a simple EC state in the EC State Dialog.
- The list of event input names in the EC Transition Dialog is limited to those that are not currently in use as the names of simple EC states.
- If the ECC contains only simple states, the text under the XML and src tabs is adjusted to match the syntax defined for simple FB types.
- The Java™ code generated via the File
Save dialog includes special provisions for efficient execution of
simple EC states. You can use the FBDK to compare and contrast the generated code
for the functionally equivalent Basic FB types
Basic1T, and the Simple FB type
To accommodate this extension, the online LibraryElement.dtd
Document Type Definition (DTD) has been modified to include the new
element. Basic FB Types developed with earlier versions of the FBDK
are forward-compatible with this DTD.