Using the FBDK with the Eclipse™ IDE
- Download the following archive to a convenient location,
e.g., the Desktop: fb4e.zip.
- From the Eclipse File menu:
- Import... → Projects from Folder or Archive
- → Import source:
- → Folder:
- The Problems tab of the IDE will complain that
"Project 'FB4E' is missing required library: 'fbrt.jar'" and the
imported project will look like this in the Package Explorer:
This is because the required
files haven't been downloaded yet. Here's how to fix it:
- Make sure your computer is online.
- From the popup menu of the
resource, select Run As → FBDK3.
- Click the Yes button on the initial FBDK dialog. The
FBDK will then download the required files and open the FBEditor.
- Close the FBDK.
- Click Refresh on the popup menu of the
project. You'll then see that the required files are loaded and the
- After refreshing, FBDK3 will appear as a sub-menu
entry of the Run → External Tools menu.
- Launch the FBDK by running the FBDK3 external tool.
- If your computer is online, this will automatically check
for and install updates to the FBDK.
- Use the FBDK to create,
edit and delete IEC 61499 Library Elements.
- Shut down the FBDK by closing all the associated windows, go
back to the Eclipse IDE and Refresh the FB4E project from its
popup menu when you need to:
- Have Eclipse automatically compile Java™ files
generated by the FBDK, or
- Edit Java, XML or HTML files generated by the FBDK
- After performing the necessary operations in Eclipse,
re-launch the FBDK3 tool to continue operations with the FBDK.