Importing Library Elements
Sometimes you need to import library elements into the FBDK
from other folders in your system, for instance when you want to reuse
library elements that you have created with earlier versions of the
FBDK. Here's how to do this:
Last updated: 2014-09-16.
- Drag the file from its location in the computer to the title
bar of the editor.
- A drag from the desktop is illustrated below; you can also
drag in elements from a file manager window.
- You can drag in multiple files at once.
- A file cannot be imported unless:
- it is one of the valid
file types defined in the Compliance
- a tab with the same element name is not already open in
- An error message will be given and the file will not be
imported if an error occurs in reading or parsing the file.
- A new tab will be opened for each imported file, as shown
- The imported files are not automatically saved. Note, for
instance, that the newly imported
RND_REAL FB type
does not appear in the Library Navigator.
- Make any necessary changes to the imported elements and save your work.
- After saving the XML, the new element will appear in the Library Navigator as shown below.
- If you attempt to close a tab or exit the editor without
saving an imported element, a dialog will open asking if you really
want to discard the imported element. If you answer "Yes" it will
be discarded, if "No" the "Close" operation will be canceled.
©2014 Holobloc Inc.