- Start the FBEditor.
- Create a new composite FB type in the editor by:
- Opening a file containing an existing composite function
block type, for example the
FB type or the X2Y2.fbt file in the src\student
- Clicking the New...
=> FB Type => Composite
menu item as shown at right.
- Edit the function block's elements:
- When your editing is complete, save your work with the Save As... button.
It is a good idea to save your
work from time to time while editing, too!
- Generate and compile a Java® source file with the Save As... button.
- Test the FB type by clicking Run
button. In the test window, you can set or clear the values of the
inputs, click on event input buttons and observe the resulting event
and variable outputs.
If you change the code of the block and
recompile, you will have to exit the FBEditor application and restart
it in order to force a reload of the class file.