- A function block that encapsulates the control functions to be performed on one or more instances of associated
Model types, and presents appropriate event and data interfaces for integration of its functions
with those of other Controller blocks.
- The abstract superclass of all function block types as defined in IEC 61499-1.
- Diagnostic element
- A function block that is responsible for the detection and diagnosis of equipment or device faults.
- HMI element
- An element for input and/or output of data from/to a user, typically implemented as an IEC 61499 service
interface function block. Combinations of one or more HMI elements play the role of Model and Controller elements
in the classical MVC design pattern.
- The interface to physical sensors and actuators, typically implemented as one or more IEC 61499 service
interface function blocks.
- A function block that represents the time-dependent logical behavior of the system or device being controlled.
The model is typically replaced by Interface elements to the actual physical system once
the corresponding Controller class has been validated.
- Service interface
- See IEC 61499-1.
- An element that represents the graphical display and possibly user input associated with one or more Model
types, typically implemented as one or more service interface function blocks.
Last updated: 2010-12-25.